Friday, February 25, 2011

Revamped Blog - Sunday Sports Segment

I have decided to revamp my blog. I have not written in this particular blog in four years and feel a fresh perspective is needed to engage new readers, new thoughts and new conversations. I have left a few remaining posts from the previous blog, "As Time Ticks Life Away" as a reminder of where I've been and what paths my thoughts have traveled. The purpose of that blog was to act as a form of reflection, introspection and contemplation. The new, updated blog will be drastically different. I am combining my two favorite topics, sports and communication, and using this blog as an outlet for musings, analysis, speculation and debate on the latest sports topics throughout the year.
I will post a new entry every Sunday. Topics will stem from major breaking sports stories of the week or if I do not feel a particular week has brought anything worth discussing, whatever I suppose calls for attention. My first significant entry will be this Sunday, corresponding with the first Spring Training games of the 2011 Major League Baseball season.

There are a few admissions on my part I believe I must make before I embark on this new task. In case my loyalties ever come into question or I am ever accused of showing a bias, my favorite teams in their respective sports are the following (in order of seasons to come) MLB: Cincinnati Reds, NCAA Basketball: University of Kentucky Wildcats, NFL: Cincinnati Bengals, NCAA Football: University of Michigan Wolverines, University of Oklahoma Sooners (by default as I attend school here). I do not have a particular favorite team in other leagues although I hope this blog will force me to pursue, acknowledge and perhaps even appreciate sports other than baseball and football.

Welcome to the Sunday Sports Segment!     

No comments:

Post a Comment